We think businesses like ours have a responsibility to look after the planet that we live in.
This means that, at Levy Restaurants, we’re always trying to improve the way we do things – and that goes for the quality of our ingredients to the way we work with our partners.
Thanks to our teams at three of the UK’s most popular museums, Levy Restaurants UK has been given Star ratings by the Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA).
Elsewhere, Edinburgh Zoo, the largest wildlife attraction in Scotland, has been awarded the highly regarded Food for Life Catering Mark through its partnership with Levy Restaurants, becoming the first zoo in the UK to achieve this accolade.
The Catering Mark, awarded by the Soil Association Scotland, recognises the steps food providers take to ensure they serve the highest-standard of food, using fresh ingredients which are free from undesirable additives, and better for animal welfare.
Some little facts that make a big difference…
1. We actively promote the use of seasonal British produce across all of our businesses through our monthly Eat Seasonably ‘Know Your Food’ programme.
2. We will not buy products that don’t adhere to the ‘Five Freedoms’ concept proposed by the Farm Animal Welfare Council (FAWC) on the protection of animals kept for farming purpose.
3. We do not use any fish from the Marine Conservation Society (MCS) Fish to Avoid List, and all of our fish comes from well-managed marine sources.
4. All of our eggs are Lion Marked British.
5. We donate a % of our Fairtrade sales to EATFAIR – our Compass-founded Fairtrade Foundation.
6. We support SMEs in showcasing their opportunities to our business through our ‘Idea Works’ programme. Find out more here.
Read about our sustainable work with Bristol Zoo Gardens here