1. Heat oven to 180°c and grease and line a 10” cake tin
2. Wash and cut the rhubarb stems into 2cm chunks (you will need 12 nice pieces). Place the rhubarb in a pan with the sugar and the orange juice and zest. Over a medium heat, poach the rhubarb for approx 4 minutes or until tender but still retaining shape. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3. Cream the butter and 2nd lot of sugar in a bowl until pale. Gradually add the eggs , beating in well.
4. Add the flour and coconut fold in until combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and cook in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until the cake is firm to touch , remove from the oven and allow to cool
6. Allow the cake to cool completely before adding the topping
7. For the topping, cream the butter and sugar with the ground cinnamon until light and fluffy.
8. Spoon the buttercream onto the cooled cake and spread with a palette knife.
9. Place 12 pieces of the poached rhubarb onto the top of the buttercream